My Iceland adventure - Nostalgic mood
You might not know yet but I love travelling and I do it as often as possible. I am a huge fan of spending winter holidays at wonderfully warm places. It’s a trendy habit nowadays. But how about doing the opposite and going somewhere cold in summer?
Last year I was lucky enough to discover the beautiful Iceland. Not a classic vacation destination but it’s definitely worth to visit. Actually it’s a strange feeling packing coat and scarf for your holiday in July. :) While here in Hungary there was 35 degrees, Iceland was waiting for us with about 9-10 degrees. Pretty welcoming, huh? Okay that’s a bit cold in summer, but who cares if you are in Iceland?
That was an unforgettable experience, one of my best holidays. I’m happy to share my program tips, hope you will find it inspiring and useful if you are planning to visit this country.
So here are my 1 week trip suggestions on what to see or do in Iceland:
- Going for a walk in Reykjavík
- Whales watching / Elding tour /
- Renting a car and visit the Highland / Landmannalaugar /, driving through rivers (!)
- Going to the Golden Circle tour / Stokkur geyser, Gullfoss waterfall, Thingvellir National Park /
- Walking on Svínafellsjökull Glacier Tongue in Skaftafell Nature Reserve
- Visiting Jökulsárlón is a large glacial lake on the edge of Vatnajökull National Park.
- Spending a whole day in Blue Lagoon geothermal spa
And here are some of my photos about the trip:
And what else? More waterfalls, whales, geysirs, icebergs, snowy mountains, and our Jeep :)
Have you ever been to Iceland? Do you like organizing cold summer vacations?
Let me know down below!